When Alexis Romano first heard about the network marketing opportunity, she – like many of us – was skeptical. As a high school counselor, Alexis was working 3 jobs to make ends meet – and was still barely making it work. She was constantly exhausted and was left with no time to enjoy her life because she was always working. Alexis craved a better life, but believed the only to create one was to work multiple jobs in order to have a better lifestyle. That’s when she heard about the opportunity from a friend. As Alexis shares the story of her journey into the network marketing business, she offers valuable insight into what works – and what doesn’t – if you’re ready to succeed.
Overcoming skepticism and understanding the opportunity.
At first, Alexis didn’t want to hear about the opportunity. She was interested in the products, but wasn’t ready to learn more about the business. One day, Alexis reluctantly agreed to have someone share the opportunity with her. She listened and wasn’t sure if it was for her. Alexis decided to go to an upcoming event just to see what it was all about – and that’s when things changed. This event opened her eyes to what was possible and left her with a feeling of “If they can do it, why can’t I?”
The millionaire mindset shift.
5 years ago, when Alexis attended her first event, she was making about $3000 a month as a teacher, waitress, and tutor. When she took the plunge into the opportunity, she was able to replace her tutoring income in year 2, and would eventually retire from all jobs. Her income steadily grew and each year Alexis learned something new she could apply to her business to make it even more successful. She went from $7,000 to $13,000 to $25,000 to $64,000 to $900,000 in just 5 years. Today, Alexis is generating $100,000 a month from her network marketing business. A far cry from the $3k a month she was making from 3 jobs just a few short years ago.
The only way to fail is to quit.
For Alexis, it was important to learn each year in order to truly grow her business. In the beginning, she learned the value of having systems in place to make things run more efficiently. In year 2, she began to understand the influence of her mindset and realized it was time to make the shift to a millionaire mindset in order to pave the way for the life she wanted to create. Alexis grew to understand the value of personal development and investing in herself in order to take things to the next level. She shares the importance of affirmations in her journey and how they’ve helped to shape her life and her business.
The art of duplication.
As she closes out her chat with David, Alexis discusses her daily routine and how she maintains focus on the things that matter, while balancing it all. She makes personal development a part of her daily routine, which Alexis believes transformed not only her business, but also herself. She discusses the role of consistency in the business and shares why it’s all about the art of duplication. For Alexis, life today is a far cry from life 5 years ago. She has built a solid business and is well on her way to being a millionaire. Alexis offers insight into some steps she took to make it all happen and why it’s important to always invest in yourself first.
OUTLINE OF THIS GREAT EPISODE
- [0:49] David’s introduction of his guest, Alexis Romano.
- [1:23] What Alexis did before taking the leap into network marketing.
- [2:30] What life was like when Alexis was working 3 jobs.
- [3:01] The feeling of just getting by.
- [3:43] How Alexis discovered the network marketing opportunity.
- [4:49] What made Alexis hesitate to jump on the opportunity when it was presented to her.
- [5:45] The transition from using the products to sharing them with friends/family.
- [6:10] The process of learning about the opportunity and what made Alexis take the chance.
- [7:19] The role of the human connection in this business.
- [8:41] The value of attending events to connect with the opportunity.
- [9:55] The income growth Alexis has experienced.
- [10:56] Her income projection for 5 years from today.
- [11:33] The first year in network marketing and the income Alexis saw initially.
- [14:10] The biggest lesson in the first year that Alexis applied in the following year.
- [14:52] The second year in network marketing.
- [15:35] The biggest lessons in the second year.
- [17:04] The role of personal development.
- [19:14] How Alexis grew as a person as she finished up year 3.
- [20:18] Some books that inspired Alexis on her journey.
- [21:48] Some quotes that really resonated for Alexis.
- [23:06] Stepping into year 4 and what changed for Alexis.
- [24:11] Alexis’s daily routine and how she stays on task.
- [27:30] Stepping into year 5 and the differences Alexis saw in her approach to the business.
- [30:38] The advice Alexis would give to herself when she was considering the opportunity 5 years ago.
- [32:47] The personal development journey for Alexis today.
- [35:35] How has network marketing amplified your life?
- [36:55] Alexis’s final thoughts.
RESOURCES MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE
BOOK: The Success Principles
BOOK: The Secret
BOOK: The Answer
TWEETS YOU CAN USE TO HELP US SPREAD THE WORD